Child rights are all about what a person 18 and under should have and how they should be treated. Some adults, and even entire countries, are uncomfortable with kids having rights because they think it will make kids disrespectful, demanding, and bossy.
But did you know that children and youth who know about their rights:
- have more self-esteem
- are less likely to have other people hurt them or victimize them
- are more likely to ask for help when they need it
- will be more respectful of the rights of others (including adults)
- are more socially responsible
- are more accepting of diversity